Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Currently July 2015

Currently July 
This is my first Currently linky party with Oh Boy Fourth Grade.  It's great to get to know other bloggers and read about them too! So here it goes:
Listening: When I work on the computer silence is good for some things, but other times I just put the t.v. on in the background. Usually to "watch" something that I've already seen so that I don't get too distracted from my task at hand.

Loving: If you had joined the #TPTSellerChallenge on Facebook, I'm sure you agree that it was a wonderful collaboration tool!  It was just the kick in the pants I needed for starting my store and getting things up.  Lots of help and friendly people made it even better!  You can read about my challenges by clicking on the TPTSellerChallenge label on my side bar.  Come back to my blog to ready about my last challenge I'm working on called Follow Frenzy!

Thinking:  I just started making clipart for my TPT store.  I find it a lot of fun and challenging at the same time.  Trying to figure out all the tools, and then
learning new things as you play around with it is pretty cool!

Wanting:  Oh how a Java Chip sounds so good right now!  But I am waiting, and then going to have to maybe do like 2 workouts!  I've been doing the 21 Day Fix workout and when I was full force into it, within 2 months I lost 25lbs!  My goal is to lose another 25lbs by the end of August.  Time to get my butt in gear!  

Needing:  As in another of my posts, I found out that I will be one of the 2 stand alone kindergarten classes out of 6 total.  Last few years our whole school went to departmentalized: ELA/Social Studies and Math/Science.  (Except 3rd and 4th grade inclusion)  I only started teaching K two years ago (coming from 3rd grade for 8 years) so I've never taught them math...not even looked at a teachers manual-let alone had one in my hands!  I am excited though because of all the thematic possibilities and things I can do with a class of my own instead of sharing kids.  (Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed working with my partner the last 2 years! That I will miss, but at least we can still plan together now in a different way.)

All Star:  I love to be creative.  I'm usually the one in groups for PD that does the drawing or writing.  I have a lot of hand drawn anchor charts and I made my own center signs by hand and with my Cricut.  I told some of my co-workers that if there was a job for someone to just make cutesie things for the classroom and draw up anchor charts that people see on Pinterest and such...I would apply in a heartbeat!  I'm also creative with sewing and crafts.  My daughter is wanting me to make her a cos-play outfit for Kingdom Hearts and I've made her a plushie of one of her favorite characters.  My friend taught me how to quilt and I made one with her help for Quilts for Kids, I have another one that I have to work on too.  

Click on the link below to join in on this month's Currently!


http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2015/06/currently-july-2015.html


 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Chrissy! I'm so proud of you for losing so much weight! I had fun with the TPT seller challenge, too. I am happy that you won't have to share kids any more. In K and 1 it is WAY too hard logistics wise and I just would rather have my own kids. (Even if that means I have to teach all the major subjects!) I hope it all works out for you! :)

    -Cher
    Mrs. Harrison's Hive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, it had both pros and cons, but I am excited to the experience. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my first Currently as well, congratulations to us both! Well done on finishing your TPT challenges, I'm sure with your move to KG you'll have some great, fresh new ideas. I hope the transition is smooth and successful for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad to find a newbie at this linky too!

      Delete
  4. Hi Chrissy! Love you blog's name. So precious. BY THE WAY: I totally concur about teaching self-contained. Because k-1st grade educators teach the subjects so synergistically with every subject area woven together seamlessly (at least that is the goal) it is very difficult to separating teaching subject matter between two teachers. (Several years ago I team taught with a dear friend and although we were besties, it was still a very difficult undertaking. I am glad to be back to teaching self-contained first grade!)
    Hugs!
    Michelle;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When our reading would tie in some science or math, I would jokingly tell them, "Now, shhh, don't tell that we're doing math/science over here!" That would usually get their attention cause it was a big "secret"! LOL

      Delete
  5. I need to check out this 21 Day Fix I keep hearing about! That's awesome that you have done so well! Enjoy the rest of your summer :)

    Amanda Rider
    Cupcakes and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete